1.18.2009

Rustom Padilla is "dead" Long Live Bebe


Rustom Padilla kept on reinventing himself. First, he went out of the closet and embraced his new self...a woman trapped in a man's body. Then he disappeared for months and came back as a new person declaring his old self, dead.

He's now Bebe Not the duck, silly. It is BB Gandangharin.




Here is a transcript of his interview with Startalk from the PEP.

On how he was treated at the airport.


"Medyo," smiled Rustom. "Pero hindi naman. Pero, pinapapunta muna nila ako sa foreigners, so, sabi ko na Pilipino ako. They just asked me to take off my shades. I think natutuwa sila na makita ako. Ma'am ang tawag sa akin so, I feel like a woman."



On what is his current name.

"I'm a woman, so, call me Bebe [pronounced, "bibi"]," the artist formerly known as Rustom told Startalk. "I'd really appreciate if you call me Bebe. Rustom's not here. Bebe's here, she's alive and kicking! Bebe's a character that people are gonna watch and I'm gonna portray...so, Bebe's here to stay."


Bebe stands for Binibining Gandanghari, and it's a role Rustom definitely wants to portray.



"That's my name," Bebe said. "She is a God-fearing, loving lady. I am a woman. I am a woman. Bebe's a woman...Emotionally, physically, biologically, spiritually, psychologically, socially..." at this point, Bebe's seriousness faded and he quipped, "Ano pa ang gusto mo, financially?"



On Rustom's family reaction:



"I'm sure everything will be fine," said Bebe. "Wala naman akong sinasaktan na tao. Wala naman akong ginagawang masama. I do my own decisions and as long as I know that it is responsible. I'm only asking for pang-unawa."


Talking to the mother Eva PAdilla, however revealed that she was not happy about it.

MOMMY EVA'S REACTION. Bebe's mom Eva Padilla has said that she wasn't happy about Bebe's choice. "Wala na tayong magagawa doon. So, tanggap na namin siya. Noong una, hindi ko kaya pero kahit hindi ako happy, wala akong magagawa."



Did he undergo a change sex change operation?


"I'd rather not comment about it sa mga panahon na ito," Bebe said. "So, I hope napagbibigyan nyo ako doon."



On falling in love.


"Shy ako," gushed Bebe. "But, you know what, siyempre yung gusto mo yung someone responsible. Someone who'll inspire you."

No comments: