5.12.2007

In This Corner of the Universe-Yilmaz Versus Ruffa's Materialistic Relative

Sino kaya mga Kabarangay ang materialistic na relative na tinutukoy ni Yilmaz Bektas na naging dahilan ng pagdidiborsiyo nila ni Ruffa. Parang kilala ko. Kayo kilala ninyo?
Ruffa Gutierrez
Ito ang buong sulat na ipinadala ni Yilmaz sa dayaryo.

“To the public opinion of Philippines, I had made one of the two most important decisions of human life on the date of March 25, 2003. And I married Ruffa Gutierrez and I owe to my wife’s father who was supporting this excellent start. In my own life, I follow the lead of this respectful man, who has all the characteristics and ethics of behaving decently. On the date of May 8, 2007, I was obliged to give the second most important decision in human life, divorce. Unfortunately, the cause of this decision was one again my wife’s close relations and one materialist relative of her who take advantage over my wife and who have poor conscience and honor. Having an affair with another person is definitely not included among the reasons.

I have always been faithful during the relation I had with my wife. When I was 22 years old, I met her, loved her with all my heart for seven years. I had departed many of my principles for her and we got married. Leaving my beloved ones after having two great children due to such ridiculous reasons cannot be discussed. Apart from the love of God I have in my heart, there is not any love I feel but the love and affection I have for Rufiah and our children. However, only my honor and pride are above my affection for my family, my love and everything I know. I prefer living a chivalrous but difficult, short life instead of living a…dishonored life full of earthly goods of the pompous world.

As I respect visions of everybody, I request the respect of others. The divorce decision is an ultimatum to my wife. This is not a result but a decision and I wish this could be considered as an ultimatum and existing problems…could be settled in cooperation with the family members. However, her family and close relations made the situation even worse instead of being constructive. Ruffa is unable to show enough attention to her family due to her own professional career and profession. And she extended her stay in the Philippines without my consent are the only causes of our decision for getting divorced. Subsequently a series of mutual negative, psychological and physical violence and suppression events experienced...the bursting up of this happy family. Ruffa consciously and willingly lay the ground for the beginning of this decline with the support of her family and without feeling the need for soul searching.

However, my innocent daughters, aged 2 and 3, are under a heavy burden due to meaningless decisions taken in eagerness for fame without making soul searching. And in my opinion, this is not fair. I would like to remind that those children are not eager for fame or money. The most important wish of a child is seeing parents together, who have brought him or her into this world without asking the child.

On her announcement, Ruffa mentioned the cultural differences and put forward it as an excuse. This is strange. Moreover, the fact that she has told this cultural difference after seven years is even stranger. Love and truth do not have one religion, language and culture. I share all my views with Turkish and Philippines media and public because I want to explain the seemingly fabulous worlds of fame are actually very dark. And their price is nothing but destruction and sadness first of all to my own children and then to Turkish and Philippines community.

Finally, when it comes to getting divorced with Ruffa, arrangements are to be made once we give our final positive or negative decision as two civilized individuals. It shall be carried out by our attorneys. I assure you that I will do my best so that I can protect this home for the sake of my children. I call for praise of individuals respecting the family concept so that I can protect this home. Regardless of all negative aspects of life, I will never forget your hospitality towards me and your smiles I had experienced for seven years. Philippines shall always live in my heart as my second fatherland.

Yours faithfully,
Yilmaz Bektas”



,,,,

1 comment:

jodelle said...

wow...amazing yilmaz bektas.,what a man! he's truly an honorable man. I do believe in what he wrote rather than what Ruffa have said. Because I know what kind of person Ruffa is. She is so obsessed of fame and limelight. She loves publicity, etc..ect...
Actually when Ruffa and Yilmaz got married. I have had thought that their union wouldn't last and not because of their culture and religious differences but because of Ruffa's immature behaviour as a wife and a mother.
When Ruffa got married to Yilmaz, i was expecting that she will no longer be seen in showbiz and that she will focus her life as a wife and a mother. But it did not happen it's because Ruffa,as what I have mentioned earlier is insanely obsessed to fame. She doesn't care about losing her marriage as long as her fame is always there.
I felt so sorry for her children and for Yilmaz. But Yilmaz made the right decision in his life. He has to move on. He is an honorable descent man, and he deserves to be happy.