5.20.2007

In thie Corner of the Universe-Yilmaz Bektas' statements are confusing

Ano ba talaga mga Bektases?

Napansin ko na nga ba ito pero, natuliro lang ako nang sabay na nageemote ang mag-ina.

Isa, ang sabi sa sulat ni Yilmaz, siya ang magdidivorce.

Ito ang balita sa Inquirer.


-The first such announcement from the Gutierrezes came on May 8; the second, virtually the same, on May 18. Yilmaz's supposed two statements, sent to GMA 7's "Startalk" (and read on the air - both TV and radio) vary in tone, approach and personality.


May 8

To the public opinion of Philippines, I had made one of the two most important decisions of human life on the date of March 25, 2003. And I married Ruffa Gutierrez and I owe to my wife's father who was supporting this excellent start. In my own life, I follow the lead of this respectful man, who has all the characteristics and ethics of behaving decently. On the date of May 8, 2007, I was obliged to give the second most important decision in human life, divorce. Unfortunately, the cause of this decision was once again my wife's close relations and one materialist relative of hers who take advantage over my wife and who have poor conscience and honor. Having an affair with another person is definitely not included among the reasons.

When I was 22 years old, I met [my wife], loved her with all my heart for seven years. I had departed many of my principles for her and we got married. Leaving my beloved ones after having two great children due to such ridiculous reasons cannot be discussed. Apart from the love of God I have in my heart, there is not any love I feel but the love and affection I have for Ruffa and our children. However, only my honor and pride are above my affection for my family, my love and everything I know. I prefer living a chivalrous but difficult, short life instead of living a ... dishonored life full of earthly goods of the pompous world.

As I respect visions of everybody, I request the respect of others. The divorce decision is an ultimatum to my wife. This is not a result but a decision and I wish this could be considered as an ultimatum and existing problems ... could be settled in cooperation with the family members. However, her family and close relations made the situation even worse instead of being constructive. Ruffa is unable to show enough attention to her family due to her own professional career and profession.

And she extended her stay in the Philippines without my consent are the only causes of our decision for getting divorced. Subsequently a series of mutual negative, psychological and physical violence and suppression events experienced ... the bursting up of this happy family. Ruffa consciously and willingly lay the ground for the beginning of this decline with the support of her family and without feeling the need for soul searching.


Ito naman ang May 19.



I want to keep this marriage ... We're working on it now because so much damage was made ... Right now it looks like she doesn't want to see me running behind her, but only until she says she doesn't want me or doesn't love me anymore that I'm going to go on with my life.
Everyone in my family wants Ruffa back. They all love her so much.
Hopefully, when I go to the Philippines everything would be better, like I can speak to her mom and her father.
I can't blame her. If I'm going to blame her then I'd be blaming myself too. Why would I blame her family? That's my family, too.

,,,,

No comments: