5.31.2007

In this Corner of the Universe-Dolly Anne Carvajal versus Ruffa Gutierrez

Dear mga Nagsusuvayvay sa Makabagbag Damdaming Istorya ni Ruffa,

dolly anne carvajal
Nainis na ang Prinsesa ng Mga Intriga at Tsismis, si Dolly Ann Carvajal dahil sa pag-aatake sa kaniya at pagbanggit ng kaniyang inang si Ludy Carvajal aka Inday Badiday, ang Reyna ng mga Intriga nang kapanahunan niya.

Ito ay dahil sa binanggit ni Dolly Anne tungkol sa balitang mga drug drug smugglers ang mga magulang ni Yilmaz dahil sa mga komento ng mga nagbabasa.

Sabay sabay na ngayon. Totoo ba yan? Ito kasama ang mga igkas ng kilay tapos samahan ng roll-eyes pagkatapos sabihin: So hindi talaga negosyante si Yilmaz? Pakiulit, mas malakas.

Oo nga naman, noong ikinasal siya ay 22 lang siya at sabi ni Ruffa ay negosyante nga raw.

Ngayon, baba na ang kilay at basahin ang balita na kinuha ko sa Inquirer.



Ruffa should just stick to issues

By Dolly Anne Carvajal
Inquirer
Last updated 06:26am (Mla time) 05/31/2007

For the latest Philippine news stories and videos, visit GMANews.TV
I feel awkward writing about show biz news when I myself am thrust into the headlines. How do I report on the controversy that I now happen to be embroiled in? I know I run the risk of being accused as self-serving.

But I can’t ignore the numerous queries I received after I was interviewed on “24 Oras” and “Saksi” about Ruffa Gutierrez’s complaints against me. Instead of being misquoted, let me clarify the issue here. A TV interview can’t be reread, obviously. Putting my thoughts in writing should lessen the chance of being taken out of context.

Ruffa was offended about an item in this column about her husband Yilmaz Bektas. A reader had e-mailed me a link to a Turkish newspaper (http:// www.habervitrini.com/haber.asp?id=80153). Foreign words have always intrigued me (I took up Linguistics). Whenever I come across a line that sounds alien, I make it a point to find out what it means. Force of habit.

So I researched the meaning of the Turkish headline I found on the link: Uyupturucu Kacakisinn Odlu Flypynler Unlu Aktrstyyle Evlendy. Verbatim, it translated to: Drug Smuggler’s Son Gets Married to Famous Philippine Actress. These are not my words.

Ruffa took it against me and said I had no right to judge Yilmaz. Maybe she should scold the Turkish journalist who wrote that. Isn’t it time we heard from that side of the world, Yilmaz’s home?

Haven’t we all had enough of Ruffa and her mom Annabelle’s lachrymal showdowns and erratic statements? One minute Ruffa says, “Di ko na kaya.” In the next breath, she’s open to a reconciliation. What gives?

Yes, Ruffa is going through a lot right now. It’s not my intention to aggravate the situation. Nor am I out to antagonize her. I’m just duty-bound to readers who seek more information about current controversies.

Since Ruffa has announced her decision to end her marriage, repercussions are inevitable. It sort of opened a Pandora’s box, with questions leading to more questions.

Ruffa and Yilmaz started this. They’d better be prepared for all sorts of intrigues. If they didn’t want a circus in the first place, Ruffa should have just shut up and moved on sans media coverage.

I’m more sad than hurt that Ruffa had to drag the name of my late mom (her wedding ninang) into the mess. Why can’t Ruffa just stick to the issue and categorically deny allegations that Yilmaz’s dad is a drug lord?

I never claimed to be as great as my mom was. Nobody can beat an icon like her in the biz. But I’d like to believe that my mom raised me well. So Ruffa’s insinuations that I’m not respectable is something my mom wouldn’t be too pleased about, either.

I’ve done some stupid things in my life but fabricating stories is not one of them. For whatever Ruffa has shared with my mom is worth, I hope the goddaughter in her could be civil with the daughter in me so we could coexist peacefully in this crazy world called show biz
.


Laughingly yours,

uploaded by starsinamillion.blogspot.com


Related posts:

Dollywood versus James Yap

Dolly Anne Carvajal versus Sharon Cuneta

Dolly Anne Carvajal versus Ruffa Gutierrez

Dolly Anne Carvajal versus Annabelle Rama

Dolly Anne Carvajal interviews Yilmaz Bektas



,,,,

No comments: