4.30.2009

KRIS AQUINO FELT DISCARDED


Kris Aquino was expecting the exclusive of the interview with Mar Roxas and Korina Sanchez in the SNN, the latter being her friend. Besides, she was also promised.
She cried feeling that she was taken for granted.

Here is the story:



THE BATTLE for scoops and exclusive reports on TV has claimed a humiliated victim: Kris Aquino.

“I felt we were used and then discarded,” the TV host said after Sen. Mar Roxas and long-time girlfriend Korina Sanchez announced their wedding plans on ABS-CBN’s noontime show “Wowowee”—and not on any of her programs aired by the same network.

“They promised to give us details of the engagement and the sit-down interview,” said Kris, who shares co-hosting chores with Boy Abunda on the gossip-oriented programs “The Buzz” and “Showbiz News Ngayon.” She also hosts the game show “Pinoy Bingo Nights.”

“I thought I would be able to deliver it for Boy,” added Kris, “but I failed. Napahiya ako.”

What are your thoughts on the issue?

It’s not a secret that Boy supports Manny Villar. I told Boy, “Come election time you can choose who you want to support, but can you do this with me for now?”

Inalagaan namin ito sa ‘SNN.’ I said, “Let’s protect the exclusive. Let’s give them this concession.” Our staff worked on several stories for weeks, kasi nga we were building it up for the exclusive announcement. We were supposed to break the news (two weeks ago), kaya lang nangyari nga yung kay Ted (Failon).

I know it wasn’t (Mar and Korina’s) fault. Nag-so-sorry sila. Yesterday, Korina sent six flower arrangements. Mar sent a really long text message. His mom is my ninang. For the entire time my dad was in jail, bawat “Holiday On Ice” or “Disney” show, front row seats ako sa Araneta Coliseum kasi naawa sa akin si Ninang Judy. It really goes that far back. So parang napahiya ako kasi I said: “He (Mar) is my kinakapatid.”

No comments: