9.03.2009

Hayden Kho Suspended by Philippine Medical Association


Hayden Kho who was involved with the video scandal with Katrin Halili and Maricar Reyes was suspended by the Philippine Medical Association for a year.

Here is the news:

Docs’ group suspends Hayden Kho

By Allison Lopez
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 23:07:00 09/03/2009

Filed Under: Sex Videos, Punishment, Celebrities, Entertainment (general)

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Medical Association (PMA) has suspended Dr. Hayden Kho Jr. for a year for “conduct offensive to the profession,” his lawyer, Lorna Kapunan, told the Philippine Daily Inquirer Thursday.

In an interview during the launching of White Ribbon Day – a campaign launched by the United Nations Development Fund for Women (Unifem) to prevent violence against women – Kapunan said she and Kho learned about the group’s decision on Wednesday.



“We were called to a hearing on September 2 by the PMA ethics committee to inform us of their decision to suspend my client’s membership for one year,” she later elaborated in a text message to the Inquirer.

Kapunan added, “My client respects the decision.”

This was echoed by Kho himself who said he would not contest PMA’s decision.

“I respect their decision … I’m happy with whatever is given to me. I’m actually ready for anything,” he said.

Kho was with Kapunan at the launching of the White Ribbon Day campaign. He even had a white ribbon pinned on his shirt.

“This is one way of saying that I support the fight on violence against women. Attorney Kapunan has been lecturing me and talking to me about things about women and women’s rights … I’m following her advice,” he told reporters.


One year? That is a slap on the wrist.

No comments: