Gabby Concepcion is returning to the United States if

Gabby Concepcion said that he is returning to the United States if his showbiz career would not improve.

So far he said that his case with Rose Flaminiano is already closed which was denied by his former talent manager.

Early this year, he was released from his committment with GMA 7 so that he can make the movie in Star Cinema, his home network. His dream of having a movie with former wife Sharon Cuneta is far from realization because time and again, the megastar would not agree to such a project.

Here is the news:

MANILA, Philippines – Gabby Concepcion has been “released” by the film outfit of a television network from the movie contract he signed with the network in 2008, the actor announced recently.

Also, Gabby said, the court case his estranged talent manager Rose Flaminiano filed against him was now a “closed book.” He has signed a two-year contract with ABS-CBN, he told Inquirer Entertainment.

“I’m really grateful. The GMA 7 bosses... could have frozen my career but they decided to simply let me go,” he noted.

GMA 7 VP for Program Management Joey Abacan on Wednesday confirmed Gabby’s release. “No doors were closed. We can still embark on future projects,” he told Inquirer by phone.

Gabby’s contract with ABS-CBN will have him working on a movie by Star Cinema, for release in December 2009. He will also be seen in the drama series “Dahil May Isang Ikaw,” which premieres August 24.

Asked to comment on the controversy surrounding his relationship with Flaminiano, Gabby said: “I don’t publicize my [legal] victories against her. We all have to move on. Enough with the hurting.”

But Flaminiano said the P22-M damage suit she filed in September 2008 against Gabby was “ongoing.”

“I don't know what Gabby meant by ‘closed book.’ He was probably talking about our misunderstanding last year,” she said. “But neither of us wanted any of this to happen. Deep inside, mahal
namin ang isa’t isa. Napaglaruan lang kami ng mga pangyayari [we love each other. The situation played tricks on us]. I also want this nightmare to end.”

While he looks for a new manager, the actor
said, he has asked Dexter Licuanan, his legal counsel, to represent him in negotiations related to guest appearances and product endorsements.

Nothing definite

But the actor can’t say for sure if he’s staying in the country. “Nothing is definite right now,” he said. “I won’t compromise my family [wife Ginbee and their daughter] for anything. If show biz does not work for us, we’re going back to the US.”

It’s true, he said, that he nearly gave up much earlier. “Ayaw ko na ng intriga [I don’t like intrigues anymore]. You saw how I tried to mend my relationships here.”

As an actor, he said, he did not have any more goals. “Based on my experiences, it’s best to take one day at a time. ’Di ko na pipilitin kung hindi para sa akin [I will no longer force it if it isn’t meant for me].”

(Gabby stars with Lorna Tolentino in “Dahil May Isang Ikaw,” which premieres August 24.)

No comments: