12.15.2008

Is Ruffa Gutierrez in a fighting mode

ruffa-gutierrez
First, the host of the Buzz, Ruffa Gutierrez is rumored to have catfight with her co-host Kris Aquino.


It was, observers noted, a sure sign that all’s not well between Kris and Ruffa. The former beauty queen vehemently denied this in an exclusive interview.

“There’s talk that Kris is envious of me,” she told Inquirer. “There’s no need for her to feel threatened by me. We have our own hosting styles and she’s at the top of her game. She’s quite settled in her private life as well and she has reached a place where intrigues need no longer affect her.”

Then there is another rumored catfight with her co-stars in Desperadas 2.

Ruffa also has to contend with rumors of a catfight on the set of the Metro Manila Film Fest entry “Desparadas 2.”

Specifically, that she and co-stars Rufa Mae Quinto, Iza Calzado and Marian Rivera don’t agree on a number of issues—from their billing to the height of their stilettos.

There was a report that Rufa Mae wore eight-inch heels in one scene so that she could be as tall as Ruffa (who’s 5’9½”).

“Our director (Joel Lamangan) asked me not to wear high heels,” Ruffa said, laughing. “Why do I have to suffer just because I’m tall? They should just stand on an apple box!”

As for the billing? “That’s the manager’s job. From the start, I knew I’d be first. I don’t mind not being in the middle on the poster, either. I’m so tall, people would surely notice me.”

She stressed, “There’s no need to engage in a catfight just to promote a movie. As long as it is well-made, people will watch it.”

She insisted that the “Desparadas” girls never had differences during the shoot. She explained, “The only things we fussed over were our hair, makeup, clothes, shoes and bags.”



Publicity for her movie?

No comments: