9.30.2007

In this Corner of the Universe-Snooky Serna Said She was raped

Actress Snooky Serna on Sunday admitted that she was raped when she was 14 years old but declined to give details of the incident.


For the latest Philippine news stories and videos, visit GMANews.TV

“I hope people will respect that I don’t want to be so graphic and detailed about it because I have children and I’m [neither] out to embarrass my children nor my family, my friends and even my ex-husband," she said.

The former child star even threatened to cut the interview short after Showbiz Central's host John Lapus asked her to identify the attacker.

“John, magwawalkout ako dito…let’s respect other people. I have feelings, too...it happened in the house…that time hindi ako nagsumbong because I was shocked. I was 14. Parang ang feeling ko I was robbed of my innocence, of my childhood," she said.

She added: “I was forcibly made to indulge in that and I’m not proud of it and I don’t want to…sana ayokong ma-prolong ito. I’m so honest for my own good. Sometimes na ngayon ko naisip yung repercussion na baka mamaya maging malaking issue ito masyado at mapapasama pa yung tao, nananahimik na. I‘m sure that he’s also sorry for whatever he’s done. Ayoko naman magkaroon ng serious repercussion."




,,,,

No comments: