9.25.2008

The Tactless Kris Aquino Versus Charlene Gonzalez

Kris Aquino is known for being brutally frank bordering to being tactless in speaking her mind out.

She apologized to Charlene Gonzales , the wife of Aga Muhlach and a TV host and movie actress for the rude comment that she said about Charlene's gown during an event.

MANILA, Philippines—“I did not talk about it for fear of being misquoted,” Charlene Gonzalez said, days after TV host Kris Aquino apologized for an apparently offensive comment made against the former beauty queen, also a TV host, at a fashion event.

“The industry is so small; we shouldn’t burn bridges,” Charlene told entertainment writers at a Q11 party on Tuesday.

During the recent show of designer Randy Ortiz at the Edsa Shangri-la Hotel, Kris commented that Charlene was “pa-star” because the latter’s gown was not in the shade of the set motif. At the end of the show, Charlene confronted Kris, asking, “Do you have a problem with my dress?”

In a text message to “TV Patrol” Kris said, “Obviously, [Charlene] doesn’t like me... my mistake was, I gave her another reason to dislike me…so I apologized.”

Charlene said she was happy that the public took her side when the incident was reported in the papers. “Nakakataba ng puso. I guess it means that I’ve planted good seeds through the years.”

No comments: