11.03.2008

Vilma Santos is turning 55 today

The mother of Lucky Manzano, the wife of former Senator Ralph Recto, the Actress of All Seasons, Vilma Santos is turning 55 today. Happy Birthday VILMA.



Batangueños threw a birthday party for their governor, multi-awarded actress Vilma Santos, who turned 55 Monday.

"I’m 38 years old now and then next year I'll be 37, then 36, pababa na ng pababa," the still beautiful Santos said in jest.

"For so many years, ‘yong tiwala nila, pagmamahal, suporta na binigay nila, ‘yon ‘yong priceless. ‘Yon ang pinakabayad ko dito," she added.

The governor attributed her success to the continued support of her family and husband Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ralph Recto.

"Lagi [siyang] nakasuporta sa akin… whether I’m low, whether I’m up, si Ralph… kasi si Ralph lang ang nakitaan kong hindi nakipag-compete sa akin. Ralph, thank you for everything. I am proud of you, too. You are my mentor, you’re my senior adviser and I’m proud to be your wife," she said.

The governor is set to do a comeback movie with son Luis "Lucky" Manzano (to actor Edu Manzano) who is set to portray a gay role. She said her son already accepted the project but with some conditions.

She said she is excited and looking forward to working with Luis.

On offers for her to run for vice president in 2010 national elections, meanwhile, Santos reiterated that she remains focused on her work in Batangas.

"I’m really flattered and honored. Salamat, maraming salamat po pero Batangas po muna ang focus ko. Marami pa pong trabaho, ‘yon muna," she said.

No comments: